Monday, December 26, 2011

Silent Love Part : 7

Silent Love Part:7

“why you are looking at her face , Dev?” Padma also turned her face to see Radhika’s reaction.

Then with a smile “don't get worried by seeing her pale face, she will respond that way only, I am telling you seriously,  but no hurries ok,”

Dev looked at Padma while Padma continued : ha no hurries, take your time. But keep my request in your mind all the time. Actually Radhika has one more year to complete her course, then need to find a job, but in between if we can find a good guy , then it will be easy for me, you know I don’t have anybody else to ask for help, when it is you, you can see them from a close angle right, so only I said , take your time, ok”

Dev’s dried mouth responded : ji

Mahi: um, Padma , thum bhi na, you know who is the best person for that, it is babuji, just tell him, in one week he will find someone

Padma: no no Mahi, I am looking for someone from here only, at least I will be able to see my girl after sending her away, right?, and also not any hurries,  she needs to complete her course too, you know.

Mahi: Padma, just leave it into the kids hand, let them decide

Padma: if I leave it in Radhika’s hand, she may find someone for me, not for her. Ha ha, and her marrige will never ever happen, you know/

But then looking at the clock: ok baba, I am getting late, my bus will be here soon, bye

“why don’t you go with Radhika?’

Mahi asked with a raised voice

Padma walking out: let the kids go by scooter, I am fine with college bus

Radhika: um, not like that auntie, she just want to see her students in bus, and share  this friendly moment with them, oiling her stdents , that is it...

Mahi: ok, Pari get ready fast, see Radhika is all ready

Pari: ha, Radhika, one minute

She went inside to get her bag

Dev looked at Radhika as she was walking out, he stepped out too saying “bye “ to Mahi

Radhika was walking towards  the gate.  Dev went near his bike, and as he tried to sit in  : so Radhika, can I start my hunt

Radhika paused and looked at him in question

“I mean, what auntie told me earlier, remember’

Radhika walked near to Dev, and with a smile she said: ha, but  don’t take much time,  bring someone today evening itself, ok.

Dev smiled seeing her expression. She walked out . Dev sat there looking at her going. Radhika closed the door, and went to her scooter, she saw his gaze on the mirror, with a serious face, she turned and raised her brows to him asking “what?’

Dev came back to reality and then raised his shoulder saying “nothing” and drove away.

Radhika smiled to self while starting the engine.

****

One evening, Dev was walking into Radhika’s house,  holding a sweet box in his hand

Suddenly Radhika  ran out from inside the house and seeing Dev, she went behind and tried to hide behind him holding his shirt, but within seconds Padma ran behind her , trying to catch her

Dev stood still unable to turn or walk away, as Radhika was pulling onto his shirt from behind and Padma was trying to hold his shoulder to get her. Radhika turned left and right with Padma’s tries, and finally leaving his shoulder, she tried to approach her taking the right side, but then grabbing Dev’s upper arm once and then leaving it quick, Radhika ran back inside the house, and Padma just followed her quick.

Finally Radhika fallen onto the sofa, and Padma just fell over her. Dev with a smile entered into the house, and watched both of them struggling to catch a breath

“what is going on!!’

“Dev, come sit beta”

Padma said sitting straight

Dev sat down and kept the sweet on the table

Radhika grabbed the sweet and started biting on it

“so , what’s up? Why sweet now?’

Dev: dadima, send this, she made it, so mom said to give one pack here too

“its so tasty Dev’... Radhika said

Dev: that’s the magic of my dadi’s hand

Padma: you are so lucky na, having everyone around

But then suddenly pausing for a second, she changed the subject: you want some water or something

Dev: no auntie, I am fine,  need to go, just came back,

Padma: Radhika, go and get him some water

Radhika: ok, wait here, I will make a good tea

“no Radhika, I am fine, I need to leave”

Padma: wait beta, anyway she said she can make tea, right, put one for me too, ok

Radhika while going : um um

The phone rang at that moment, and Padma went to attend  excusing herself

Padma went on with the talk, while Radhika brought the tea cups

Dev took the cup with a smile and asked softly: missed me?

Radhika looked at him, and then flashed her eyes on Padma and then again looked back at him, and found him winking his eye quick and then taking a sip, but then he felt the hotness of the cup on his lips, that he said “aouch” softly

A sudden laugh came out from her lips, but she controlled looking at Padma’s face

Taking the tea cup in his hand , he looked around , he stopped near the show case , looking at the trophies, and small small momentous for her achievements

“so , talented, hu?’

“Any doubt’

Dev turned to see Radhika following him

“no, how can I , after seeing these many achievements”

“that’s from grade 1 onwards’

‘um’

He looked at those small fading pics where she paused after receiving trophies

“its all started fading na”

Dev startled hearing Padma’s voice

He looked at Radhika, and then to padma saying : ha Auntie

Padma sipping onto her tea cup: that’s what I also thought, I don’t know what else to do, one suggested me to put everything in an album, but I got used to watch her like this, so I don’t know, may be will ask any photographer for suggetions

Dev: Auntie, I have digital camera, let me try, maybe that way, you can save it.

Padma: can you do it beta?

Dev: of course, why not?

Padma: so what you want me to do?

“just give which ever photo you want to save, I can get that all in a CD and give it back to you”

“Really!!!!!”

“um”

Ok then, I will get everything to you ok

“not a problem auntie’

“ see I told you Radhika, there should be some way, and you are the one” Padma started pulling Radhika’s leg

“ok baba, I agree, how do I know all these?’ Radhika reasoned herself

“havu, at least she agreed this time”

Dev just smiled looking at Radhika

“ok auntie, now I need to leave, mom may be thinking where I got disappeared?’

“ha beta”

While leaving Radhika just followed Dev, while Padma stood looking at those pictures.

As he was slipping his feet into that shoes, he asked: so how was the exam

Radhika: good

“ok then,  bye”

‘bye”..

 she stood holding  the tea cup in her hand.  Padma came and saw Radhika standing looking at Dev, and Dev looked at Radhika as walking into his house, and just smiled and so did she, as he went in, Radhika turned to go in,  but bumped onto Padma’s questioning face ... : ummm?”

Radhika in an innocent way : what?

Padma moved her eyes cornering at Dev’s house and hers

“mom” Radhika stamped her feet and walked in

Padma tried to block her way: ye, tell me frankly what is going on?

“mom, leave me”

Padma moved to the side and said: um um, I am seeing it my daughter, the way you ran towards him, and then making tea, and then following him to say bye, um um

“mom, please,  that’s not fair?’

“what’s not fair?, oh dear, passed your age to reach here, ok, so don’t tried to hide from me”

“mom, please, what others may think, let me go inside”

Padma stood controlling her tease smile, while Radhika went in.

The night was calm,  after dinner they watched TV for some time, then exchanged few talks. Padma went near her husband’s pic and said ...: first time I am seeing Radhika like this, looking at a boy, and playing around him freely, I don’t know, I wish,... but it is difficult o read her mind some times, .... will it be good, I don’t know, will they agree?
.........They know me well, but, I don’t think that is a good plan,  I would have not teased her like that,  don’t want to give her any hope. Why did I said like that to her, I should have controlled, Oh God, but Dev is a good guy,  and who doesn't want a son a son like him.. but, it won’t be right, I don’t want her to, what if I give her hope and, no no, that’s not right na, I should stop thinking like that right now,  everything should go as I planned earlier,  within two years, I want her to see get married, I want to see her settled in her life, she won’t listen, but that’s not appropriate, I told Santi too, to find someone who can understand my radhika, who can take care of my Radhika, who can love my Radhika more than me..…
Tear Drops started trailing down her cheek.....

while in Radhika’s room,  her lips was stretching out unknowingly, she was feeling that bubbling inside, she was not knowing the reason, but somewhere inside the corner she felt the hooking pain, she felt suffocated, she looked at the closed window, and with a smile she went and opened it for the free air to float in, and unknowingly her eyes rolled up to the colored window, and  she met his eyes, and a small chirpy smile.                                                                     Giving a small smile back, she pulled herself to the side, and stood behind the wall, soon she heard the melodious dhun of  a gazal that flowing from the music system, she smiled and  with that fluttery mind she listened to its lines along with him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment