Part 1
What is love? I don’t know....Will I be ever fall in love? ...
Radhika leaned back , tapping the pen over her lower jaw, her gaze fell onto the light pink painted wall. The rotation of the table fan from the corner, fanned her free hairs, the window door is open and the curtains were pulled to the side. The darkness outside was cleared by the yellow street light, and few strangers were passing by, and the sound of passing vehicles filled the air very infrequently. But Radhika was in her world. As if finding an answer to her question, she held the pen more securely and her neck bed down to focus to write more...
May be, or may not be? But then ... .how he will be?
Did I met him already? How will I realize, it is him?
Will my eyes recognize him? Or will his eyes convey that to me?
But if it is our eyes that is going to convey our love,
then it will be a silent moment.. . Silent love….
She looked at those etters one more time, and again tapped the pen over her lower jaw, as it did not give her the satisfaction... there is something more to it, how can that moment go so sient, then it is not love, if it is love, then they need to interact, one need words to interact, then it won't be silent any more, but then what is silent love?
“what is going on Radhika? It’s too late, go to bed”
Radhika jerked her face to look at her mom’s face, and passed a short smile.
Sitting straight she said “I am thinking of love”
Getting near Padma: what?
Radhika: ha .. love,
“um, when jyothi’s marriage news came, I thought of that, show me , let me see whether you were able to find love in these papers?”
“no mom, not now, its strange, I know how jyothi fell in love, she was happy, she was talking about it all the time, to him, to me, to all her friends, all the time she was happy, she never get tired of when she talk about her love, she go on and on, and all we need to do is, just sit and listen, pausing for a sec she asked "is true love is like that mom?”
Padma holding her shoulder: why?
Radhika: will love can be silent too?
Padma tightening her forehead: silent love!
Radhika: ha mom, silent love, can someone fall in love and can go silent, I mean not telling anyone about it, not even to that person she loves the most”
Padma in a very cool way: ha beta, ofcourse
Radhika beaming her eyes: so it is true
Padma: ha, you know when I was of your age, I fell in love but it went so silent that still it is within me only, I never talked to anyone till now, but now
Radhika very interestingly , turning to the side: mom, is it true, tell me all about it
Adma: ha beta, first it was to Amithabh
Radhika: which amithabh mom?
Padma: the hero, amith ji I mean… Mr. Bachan
Radhika fading the shade of interest: mooom
Padma in a disappointed tone: ha beta, that was so silent, even he was not knowing about it, how badly I loved him, but then you know what all happened and he married Jaya. See it is his lose
Radhika: enough mom
Padma: no beta, but then I loved another one, Gawaskar, the cricketer, he also married someone else
Radhika closing her book: no mom, enough, don’t get me mad
“no beta, there is more in my list, let me finish”
Radhika getting up from chair: no , not anymore, I know the long list now. You are teasing me now , right
Padma: no beta, it s true, I am just saying you are true, there is silent love and it will pass by unnoticed,
Radhika: mom, I am tired, need to sleep, I have college tomorrow, you go to your room
Padma: no beta, listen
Radhika: mom
Padma: ok beta, ok.
As she walk out from the room, Padma turned back and said: Radhika, love is a feeling, you don’t know when it comes and engulf you, but if that happens to you , don’t remain silent, but let your love know it,
Radhika : MOMmm
Padma: ha , think if I would have opened my love to Mr. Bachan, where I should have been by now. lights , camera , action all the time around.. and we will be living in a big bunglow now..
Radhika; mom
Padma: Ok baba, now don’t even think about love, you have college tomorrow, when it is time for your marriage, I will only find someone ok, fall in love after that, I don’t mind.
Radhika smiled looking at her mom: so finally, you showed the real color of a teacher now. I know .
Padma: Oh God, I forgot, tomorrow the dance teacher won’t be coming.
Radhika: ha, she told me that already
Padma: oh, and ha, where is Susheel kaka’s house key?
Radhika: oops, sorry, I forgot, she went and took one key bunch out, “here it is”
Padma: um,
Radhika: so you are not coming to college tomorrow
Padma: how can I Radhika!. I am meeting my best buddy after long years, and more than anything she is coming as my neighbor, then.
Radhika: nice mom, so now you were able to find a house next to yours
Padma: don’t say like that, not next,.. opposite side of the road , right?
Radhika looking out thru the window: oh really!
Padma: Radhika, isn’t it nice, when she called me i was able to point this house, they lived in Gulf for this long, and now planning to settle back , but then thinking of her kids college education, she preferrd to rent a house near by
“and because her best friend is one of the lecturers in college, she prefferrd to send her daughter in same college, and then “ radhika continued the reasoning from holding onto Padma’s shoulder
Padma with a smile::ha, now you know everything, then why you need to ask me all these?
Radhika: did I really ask you anything . mom?
Padma: ok, then , you better go to bed, I have so many works pending
Radhika : so are you planning to start the cooking now itself
Padma: radhika
“ummm” she gave a smile
Padma: ok beta, goodnight
“goodnight mom’
Radhika went to close the window, while Padma went out from the room closing the door behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment