Monday, December 26, 2011

Silent Love Part : 21

Silent Love Part : 21

Radhika got discharged from the hospital, and back in Rajaji Nagar Dev was coordinating everything possible to bring her back.

Principal Sunanda madam, along with  Santhi , and Renuka teacher and few student representatives reached the mansion under Dev’s guidance. They talk to Nani

Nani: even if Radhika willing to continue her studies then I prefer  her to join somewhere here, where she can go from home and come back.

Sunanda Madam: Ammaji I think it will be better if Radhika can continue there as she already lost few days and we all can help her in right way as we knew her well. No need to worry about anything

Nani: let me ask Radhika first

Radhika  who was sitting next to her friends, didn’t say anything

Santi: Radhika, it’s promise for you to keep, but the final decision is yours, we don’t want to force you on anything.

RAdhika looked at Santhi in question

Santhi: a wish that your mom had, I am sure seeing you back in college her soul will feel the happiest

Radhika with great difficulty moved her throat and said : Ha Nani, I wish to continue my studies

Sundanda Madam:  yes Radhika, if that is your wish, then your nani will surely support you, she can only think of the best for you.

“but”

Nani stopped herself

“what is it Ammaji?’ Asked Renuka teacher

“but where she will stay? I mean I don’t want her to go and live in that small house, no one from here can stay longer with her either, so” Nani expressed her concern

“Don’t worry about it Ammaji, she can stay in college hostel, that wil be big change for Radhika too” Santhi said with a hope

“but then, hostel, what is the need for all that?’ Nani said her bitterness

“she can surely stay with us, I have two girls too, they will enjoy her company, and she knew them too” Santhi said with a smile

Nani in mind .. I don’t want Radhika to mingle with anyone, hostel is better choice, but

“what’s the hostel policy?’ Nani asked to Santhi

“I think Renuka teacher can explain it to you as she is in charge of the hostel” Santhi said looking at Renuka

Renuka: ha,   since it is far away, we won’t be able to send her every weekend, but if you are choosing anyone as local guardian, she can spend the weekend with them , and choosing a local guardian is must ,as we may be contacting them in case of any emergency. The student will be send out only if local guardian give permission, and Radhika has to follow the other regulations too”

“such as?’ curious nani asked

“there is limitations to incoming calls, and the local guardian needs to come and pick the student and sign the attendance book prior to taking the student with  them,  students needs to sig the book prior to outing which is limited to two hours only in two days in a  regular day, you know, we don’t want to take any risk, you know”

“um” Nani sat with a thought

“but then who can be her local guardian, I don’t know anyone” nani said softly

“Santhi madam  is my choice, she is even ready to take Radhika with her, or I am also open, anything to get back my talented student” Sunanda immediately filled the gap

“what you say Radhika?’ Nani looked at Radhiika with the question

“ji” Radhika said calmly

Nani: then I need to talk to Santhi something privetly..  Santhi looked at Sunnada madam and taking her permission she went in with Nani while Radhika listened to her friends talk with a empty mind.

“Santhi Madam, do you know Maheswari?’ asked Nani secretly

“who is Maheswari,”asked Santhi madam innocently

“vo,...   their neighbor”

“Ha ,I heard once or twice from Padma about her, but what about her?’ she played innocent again

“ok then, I don’t want Radhika to mingle with them at any cost, if that happens  I will stop her studies and bring her back with me, then none of you will be getting permission to pass that gate with another request”

“Ammaji, I don’t know what you are saying, for us , Radhika is important, her studies are important, she needs to complete her course at any cost, we all have so much expectation, and we just want to see her succeed in that direction only, rest of the things are not under our control, and we don’t know much about them whom you are talking about, but if you are willing to send radhika with the above condition, then we are ready to help her to come out from this shock too,  you can contact me at any time, or you can contact the principal with questions, but we are here for Radhika and we are open for any demand to get Radhika back into our college”

Nani got convinced and she kind of gave her half mind into it.

After spending few more minutes the group left,.

“Radhika, so really want to continue your studies”

Radhika : ha

“same college?’

“ha’

“ok, now I have few demands too, I am not going to give you the key for that old house, you won't be going there either, ok..  or anything, follow what your teachers  said ok, and whenever you get leave, you are going to come here, understand “

“um”

Radhika nodded her head and tried to walk in.

Nani in MIND : I should have not send you Radhika, but that’s what Rohan’s family saying, they are saying you look sick, they says you have some issue inside, and here too you are not eating well either , and the doctor also recommending this small change for you, saying to send you back to your studies especially after discussing about your words  ‘waiting for your mom to come and take you away with her’.. he is saying it is kind of suicidal thought, so maybe it is good for Radhika, I was thinking how to send you back as there is no one here at this time to take care of the things here,  taking a deep sigh she thought : glad these teachers came and showed me a way as I don’t want Radhika to mingle with Mahi’s family, and hostel stay sounds good suggestion for now especially after  listening ti the doctor.  . but only till you complete your course, just one year, then you need to be back here’

***

Back in Rajaji Nagar Dev was impatiently looking at his cell phone, he  completed the days work and was about to come out,  pinky showed her face : Dev, can you please drop me near the taxi stand on your way.

“sure” Dev said normally as he was putting the shoulder strap over his neck. He checked again at the cell and took a deep sigh seeing it silent

“why Dev, expecting any call”

“ha, come let’s go”

He walked front, Pinky wink her eyes at her friend vishaka and followed Dev.

Vishaka controlled her smile

Pinky Sat behind as Dev pulled his bike out, and as they were coming out his cell ring, suddenly he pressed on that break hard

“sorry, pinky, I need to attend this call, please take a taxi from here ok” saying that he moved the bike to the side

“I can wait Dev” she said

“”no no, it may take a while, you please proceed”

Pinky looked at him with disappointment

Dev dialed back and said: Sorry Madam, I was riding the bike so couldn’t take the phone right away, so tell me.. sure madam, not a problem, I can come, yes, where, sure, ha, in 15 minutes, ok, yap see you soon”

Saying that he came back to his bike, Pinky was still waiting ,seeing Dev taking his bike : see it didn’t take that long , right?

“No pinky, I need to go the opposite way, sorry”

Saying that he rode away quick

Pinky stamp her foot on the ground, and she walked out calling  loud : taxi

Parking the bike on the side curb , Dev walked near to santi madam

Santhi: Dev, everything went as you mentioned, um, so you know Padma’s mom very well”

Dev: not like that Madam, I kind of calculated her mind by now

‘um, anyway, Radhika will be joining back next Monday onwards, so you want me to get all the notes and everything , right, I will take care of those, also the teachers are willing to give her few private lessons to get her speed up, and for that we don’t need to look for any extra time, we can manage within college time, and in campus only, or if she need any help,  principal madam,  and I can take care of it , ok”

“Thank you so much Madam”

Santhi with a smile: Dev, no need to say thank you to me, actually it is my responsibility too, especially after seeing her condition, 
she paused for few seconds and  as the tear drops dried in she said : I am thankful to you Dev,   glad that at least I can do this much for Padma, for her daughter.

Dev stood silently listening to santhi

Santhi raising her face looking at Dev: Padma used to tell me about you, and we met few times remember when you both went to bank, and all , I felt like now Padma got a company other than Radhika, otherwise it is always mom and daughter, never seen her taking freedom on others , if there is anything she does it herself, but that day how cool she was riding behind your bike, you know she preferred that college bus because she was thinking my stop at her place may delay my time, and that’s how Radhika is too. That day she talked to me about you, she loved you so much Dev, and hearing Padma , I thought maybe she has some wish in her mind, I don’t know but I felt

“Auntie asked me to help with that scooter purchase and all, so we had to make few trips up and down’

“I know Dev, that’s what I said.. and now I know why she loved you so much, because of you now Radhika will be able to continue her studies, I am sure Padma’s soul will be very happy, Ammaji drawn that line between Maheswari’s family and Radhika, but let me know what all help you need, ok, not a problem at all, i am here with you”

“Thank you so much Sanhti madam, so she agreed to stay in hostel”

“ha, first I said my house and as you thought she preferred that hostel, made Renuka to explain  the rules and regulations and everything .

“whatever it is, you  were able to convince Nani, so thank you”

“anytime Dev, then I will see you next week ok”

“Madam”

Santhi stopped back : what?

“how is Radhika?’

Santhi looked at him once and then : you met her at her worst time, much better than your explanation to me. But Dev, I have one doubt, even we were talking about it while coming back especially after seeing her health condition

“what is it Madam?’

“how RAdhika will react, she is coming back to the same place  where she spend her time with her mom, so don’t you think she will feel her mom’s absence more ,  how will  she react…?’

“Madam, I knew, it will be hard and painful, but she needs to overcome that, if you all give her strength, then it will be easy madam, and I am there too”

“But Dev”

“Madam, she is coming this Saturday right, let her come, and just follow what I say if you think it is appropriate, please”

Santhi just nodded her head prior to leaving , “best of luck Dev”

“thanks  Madam” he took it with a serious note, as he knew it is not that easy. 

While walking back to the bike, he was thinking about those positive  notes : she is better, she is going to continue her studies, she is coming back to her college..

No comments:

Post a Comment