Silent Love Part : 17
“are you ok Radhika”
Mahi tried to hold her tight.
Radhika balancing herself looked at Maheswari’s eyes. Her smile disappeared and the tear drop peeked in, but next second it got dried too.
“Radhika, you ok” Nani came in with concern
She came near and held Radhika’s hand and forced her towards her. Then looking at Maheswari: Maheswari! When you came?
Maheswari stood still
Nani looked at Dev’s face, he was wiping the wetness from his shirt
Nani looked at Nakul: Nakul show him the washroom, and help him if he needs dry cloth, and also ask someone to dry this area quick, ok.
Nani again looked at Radhika: you ok Radhika, I know , .. then looking at Mohini, she continued ...she might have not eaten anything today either, did you check Mohini?
Mohini: ha vo mei
Nani looking at the other side , to the guests: Maheswari is PAdma’s childhood friend, living in Gulf, maybe came to visit us. Then looking at Maheswari: sit Maheswari, let me take care of Radhika, ok
Maheswari just followed the command and sat
As Nani was turning to walk away, she paused, and called : Maheswari, I forgot to introduce them to you, he is ROhan’s uncle, who is coming to see Radhika today, Rohan is fromAmerica .
Then looking at Rohan’s uncle: you people talk, ok, I will be right back.
But then
“they are here now” sekhar came in with the news
Nani stopped, and then looked at Mohini: Mohini, you take RAdhika to her room, she needs to change too, let me welcome the guest ok
“ji”
Nani and the other guest went to welcome the party, and Nani : Maheswari, you come too
Maheswari followed her obediently
Mohini’s mind was getting impatient to see Rohan: Radhika, can you go to your room? I will be right back, let me see how he looks like, ok
Radhika just nodded her head
Mohini: ha, you may need to change too, I will come and select the dress ok, wait for me
Radhika: ji
Radhika was walking alone towards the stairs, she saw Dev’s reflection in the mirror, of guest wash room as the door was open….trying to wipe of the stain from his shirt. She walked into there.
As he was shaking those water drops, his eyes flashed in the mirror, and caught the burgundy color reflection, he paused and found Radhika right behind looking at him.
“Radhikaa”
He turned in surprise
“Sorry Dev, I really got shocked to see Auntie and you here, and nobody told me that you people are coming, for a second I don' know what happened that I lost the balance”
Saying that she lifted her hand up trying to dry those water drops from his shirt...
Dev just watched her very closely as she continued her action, studying her every movement
“So much make up, why?’ Dev asked normally
The guests are coming na, so Nani wants me to look beautiful."
“um, so, did you miss me? “
She looked up at his face with a surprise and as then he wink his left eye
And her hand slowly dropped down, but he held it quick before it moving away
“as always you are silent”
Radhika tried to look back at him
“you want to ask me anything, Radhika”
She kept her silence
“ok, but i have so much to ask you, um which one to chose first, i think i already asked about it, right, then , ha ok ...why you didn’t come back?’
“vo, I don’t know”
“Didn’t you tell nani about your college?”
“Ha, I told, but, she said that I can continue that later, you know”
“Ha, ammaji, I am going to get her, um, five minutes”
Radhika jerked hearing Mohini’s voice and she got aware of her hand in his, she tried to pull it back, and hesitantly he loosened his grip.
Radhika moved towards the door, and Mohini saw her : Radhika, I told you to wait for me in your room, and then she saw Dev coming behind
“Is it all gone? Or you need to change?’
“no, it’s ok”
“um, I expected that, look at her, won’t eat or drink anything, and if we push may take couple of bites and go and lay in that bed, nothing else, so only she is getting weak like this. Don’t even listen to any of us, so only Ammaji is thinking of this proposal, nobody is here except Ammaji and few servants. we comes occationally like this. Radhika is not interested in getting out of this home either, so she is thinking this change maybe better. You people knows Radhika well na, so tell her to eat something, Ok”
“Mohiniiiii”
“Ha ammaji , coming” and then looking at Dev : see, this is the problem with me, Come Radhika, let me help you, or she will scold me in front of everyone.
Radhika flashed her eyes on Dev once and then walked away with Mohini. Dev stood there watching her. The material of that saree was sticking to her body, clearly giving her lean posture, he thought... even her eyes lost the life in it, her smile gone very dry, and she forcing herself to talk, and not knowing what she is saying… oh Radhika, I expected this, mom was wishing to see you living as a princess here, when you yourself rejected that Kingdome... you are Radhika, just Radhika, Padma auntie’s daughter, who just know to live for her mom, and look at life from her angle only, for you everything begins with the word of your mom, and you end your thought with your mom, and that vaccum is inside you and I expected this, and I can see it, and here nani thinking marriage is the solution, a companion for you, but no RAdhika, that’s not what you need right now, that’s not”
“you still here, you need anything else babu?”…..asked Nakul
Jerking Dev said: “thanks, no I am fine”
Nakul: Ammaji is looking for you
“ji”
Dev walked towards the front hall. The sofa seat were occupied, and Dev stood on one corner
Nani: Rohan , this is Maheswari’s son. Um, what’s your name?
“Dev”
Nani: Ha Dev
Dev shook his hand with Rohan
Nani: actually Maheswari’s family moved from here and they are visiting here after a long time, and I am glad they came on this day only. Maheswari was there when that accident happened to Padma, I told you about it na.
Rohan’s dad: ha
Nani showed her hand to sekhar to serve juice to Dev, but he thankfully refused.
“why she is taking so much time, Meeraaa”
One another lady dressed in nice saree showed up : ha Ammaji
“check on Radhika, ask Mohini to bring her”
“Ha Ammaji” saying that Meera went in.
Soon Radhika came with changing her dress to a orange sarara. Dev just looked at her once, it clearly looks like it was too heavy for her body to carry, he felt sad, but kept quiet.
Nani introduced everyone to Radhika, and Radhika stood with a flat affect. Time was ticking by
Maheswari was feeling so suffocated around these people and seeing Radhika in that state, she looked at Dev, and signaled to go
He also agreed.
Maheswari got up from the sofa and said: Ammaji, we need to go, will come sometime later
Nani: ha ha, we will send the card, come for the marriage ok
Radhika heard Maheswari’s words of leaving.
Maheswari and Dev were leaving and automatically Radhika’s feet followed them to outside
Her payal was sounding loud behind that Maheswari slowed down.
Radhika walked near and Maheswari held her hand as she walked out.
Nearing the car, Dev paused, Maheswari scrolled her hand over Radhika’s hair and called : RAdhika
Radhika lifted her face up and tried to give a smile
Maheswari saw her dried eyes “ how are you beta? I thought I won’t be able to see you at all, and was praying hard to atleast to get a glimpse of yours, and I am glad at least you were able to make it up to come outside with us ’
Radhika brought a forceful smile
“we thought you will be joining back in college, and here”
Radhika tried to give a smile
“what is this Radhika, say something, or just cry out loud, this is more painful to see you just following on others words, your mom was not like that, you, just say something beta”
Radhika forced herself :“How is Pari?’
“she is doing good, worried about you, she is missing you a lot , so only we two came, college people also don’t have any info of yours, you know”
Dev was looking around the area, and was actively listening to Mahi’s talk.
‘so are you going to continue your studies”
Radhika looked at Mahi
“hu?, tell me.”
“for what auntie, I am fine, I don’t feel like ”
“what are you saying beta”
Radhika tried to give a smile and asked: how is our house? Is it still locked, mom may be feeling all alone there right? “
Mahi stood still with a cold face
But then bringing a smile, Radhika continued : how can she, papa is with her na, and I know whenever she talk about papa, she forgets everything and now being with him, how she will be remembering me right, so only she might be taking so long to come to get me”
“Radhika, please , don’t talk like that beta, then why this marriage and all, hu, tell me?’
“its Nani’s wish, but I won’t be here that long, mom will come’
“Radhikaaa, why you are leaving the hope beta, everything will be alright, and you need to continue your studies.”
“I know auntie, but for what? What do I do after studies, so only I did not give any pressure to Nani either, but why can’t mom come and take me with her?, mom only told me if we wish truly deep within our heart then the wish come true”
Maheswari looked at Dev, and said : are you listening what she is saying, can you just tell her something
Then Ammaji came out, seeing her they stopped talking.
Ammaji: MAheswari, one minute
Maheswari leaving RAdhika’s hand walked near to Ammaji
Radhika looking at Dev: so are you dropping Pari at college now
Dev standing straight: um
“then, still listening to music?’
“um”
‘good, I am happy to hear about it”
“so when are you joining back to college”
“first I thought I will, but then “
“what about this proposal, then?”
“That is Nani’s people , I don’t know. Then with a smile, ....you know what I don’t know anyone, not even nani, ”
“why you didn’t object when she said about it”
Coming near: what is there to object, its all changed na, see even my room has changed, everything changed, my bed changed, I am a total stranger here, now I don’t need to take any turns for cooking or cleaning, people are there to do everything, and I just lay in this bed as long as I wish, no one to wake me up or pour those water splashes, but then bringing a wide smile ‘you know what, mom used to do that, and she enjoyed doing it, sometimes I give back too, and then as if remembering : remember that day, you saw us coming down from terrace holding the bed, that day actually she pour one bucket full of water onto me, and see how nicely she was teasing me in front of you, and you remember when I got that rose plants, mom scolded me for that, simply, but she might have right ,now it all might have turned brown and dried , right. I told her I don’t want to buy a new scooter and she didn’t listen to me, and see now it may be laying there all dusty, mom used to tell me to make tea for you na, I wish I could, now here I didn’t even went to this kitchen once, otherwise I should have made one for you.
“that’s ok, you gave me the juice”. actively listening to her, he said in his lower voice
“oops sorry, I was really shocked to see you both, so kind of lost my balance and then Nani’s voice, everything kind of “
“um, now better eat something ok, don’t think too much about anything, for now just think that you are going to continue your studies ok, and if you need to prepare on anything , go ahead with it, I didn’t get much time otherwise I should have collected the notes and brought it with me, yesterday evening only we decided, so. But I brought you something, just a minute
He opened the back door and took something in his hand. Turning he extended that to Radhika
Radhika looked at him in question
Dev: now what, take it, I brought it for you only, and I didn’t put any wrap or anything, because I know then you won’t open it at all.
Radhika hesitated, but then Dev took the freedome to hold her hand and then placed it in her hand , she looked at it and it was a diary with a lock
“now, mom was telling me that you are living here like a princess, but I don’t think so, this is for that Radhika whom I met all the time, who loves to write her mind in paper, ok, maybe you won’t use it at all, but still keep it, and don’t forget what I said, think of your studies that is more important now, also try to munch on something, you yourself feeling a stranger here right, then don't give them work, don't make them to come behind you, take care of yourself ok”
Radhika just stood like a statue listening to him, and she pulled back her hand as quick as she can as Maheswari and Ammaji were coming near.
Dev looked at Maheswari and found her struggling to control her tears, her face looked all flushed.
Maheswari looked at Dev and said : Let’s go Dev
She tried to look at Radhika once and then suddenly slide into the front seat
Ammaji: Radhika come inside, guest are there na, come
Ammaji turned to walk away. Radhika went near Mahi one time, Mahi tired to give a goodbye smile and then looked at Dev, he was about to slide in, but then reminded her : remember what I said , ok, and ha this dress doesn’t suite you well at all. So change it as soon as possible ok.
Sliding to his seat, he looked at her one more time, and then slowly drove out from that large bungalow. He saw her image still standing there looking at them, he smiled as the ray of hope was sparked inside him…
************************
P.S: Dev knows Radhika's inner mind thru her dairy now, and he kind of observed all her bahaviours, he realized that Padma left a big vaccuum in Radhika's life. Padma was her mom, friend, and everything all this time.. so more than a lover in him, i believe she needs someone to guide her in tsrict direction just like Padma.. so at this moment that's what came out from him..
“are you ok Radhika”
Mahi tried to hold her tight.
Radhika balancing herself looked at Maheswari’s eyes. Her smile disappeared and the tear drop peeked in, but next second it got dried too.
“Radhika, you ok” Nani came in with concern
She came near and held Radhika’s hand and forced her towards her. Then looking at Maheswari: Maheswari! When you came?
Maheswari stood still
Nani looked at Dev’s face, he was wiping the wetness from his shirt
Nani looked at Nakul: Nakul show him the washroom, and help him if he needs dry cloth, and also ask someone to dry this area quick, ok.
Nani again looked at Radhika: you ok Radhika, I know , .. then looking at Mohini, she continued ...she might have not eaten anything today either, did you check Mohini?
Mohini: ha vo mei
Nani looking at the other side , to the guests: Maheswari is PAdma’s childhood friend, living in Gulf, maybe came to visit us. Then looking at Maheswari: sit Maheswari, let me take care of Radhika, ok
Maheswari just followed the command and sat
As Nani was turning to walk away, she paused, and called : Maheswari, I forgot to introduce them to you, he is ROhan’s uncle, who is coming to see Radhika today, Rohan is from
Then looking at Rohan’s uncle: you people talk, ok, I will be right back.
But then
“they are here now” sekhar came in with the news
Nani stopped, and then looked at Mohini: Mohini, you take RAdhika to her room, she needs to change too, let me welcome the guest ok
“ji”
Nani and the other guest went to welcome the party, and Nani : Maheswari, you come too
Maheswari followed her obediently
Mohini’s mind was getting impatient to see Rohan: Radhika, can you go to your room? I will be right back, let me see how he looks like, ok
Radhika just nodded her head
Mohini: ha, you may need to change too, I will come and select the dress ok, wait for me
Radhika: ji
Radhika was walking alone towards the stairs, she saw Dev’s reflection in the mirror, of guest wash room as the door was open….trying to wipe of the stain from his shirt. She walked into there.
As he was shaking those water drops, his eyes flashed in the mirror, and caught the burgundy color reflection, he paused and found Radhika right behind looking at him.
“Radhikaa”
He turned in surprise
“Sorry Dev, I really got shocked to see Auntie and you here, and nobody told me that you people are coming, for a second I don' know what happened that I lost the balance”
Saying that she lifted her hand up trying to dry those water drops from his shirt...
Dev just watched her very closely as she continued her action, studying her every movement
“So much make up, why?’ Dev asked normally
The guests are coming na, so Nani wants me to look beautiful."
“um, so, did you miss me? “
She looked up at his face with a surprise and as then he wink his left eye
And her hand slowly dropped down, but he held it quick before it moving away
“as always you are silent”
Radhika tried to look back at him
“you want to ask me anything, Radhika”
She kept her silence
“ok, but i have so much to ask you, um which one to chose first, i think i already asked about it, right, then , ha ok ...why you didn’t come back?’
“vo, I don’t know”
“Didn’t you tell nani about your college?”
“Ha, I told, but, she said that I can continue that later, you know”
“Ha, ammaji, I am going to get her, um, five minutes”
Radhika jerked hearing Mohini’s voice and she got aware of her hand in his, she tried to pull it back, and hesitantly he loosened his grip.
Radhika moved towards the door, and Mohini saw her : Radhika, I told you to wait for me in your room, and then she saw Dev coming behind
“Is it all gone? Or you need to change?’
“no, it’s ok”
“um, I expected that, look at her, won’t eat or drink anything, and if we push may take couple of bites and go and lay in that bed, nothing else, so only she is getting weak like this. Don’t even listen to any of us, so only Ammaji is thinking of this proposal, nobody is here except Ammaji and few servants. we comes occationally like this. Radhika is not interested in getting out of this home either, so she is thinking this change maybe better. You people knows Radhika well na, so tell her to eat something, Ok”
“Mohiniiiii”
“Ha ammaji , coming” and then looking at Dev : see, this is the problem with me, Come Radhika, let me help you, or she will scold me in front of everyone.
Radhika flashed her eyes on Dev once and then walked away with Mohini. Dev stood there watching her. The material of that saree was sticking to her body, clearly giving her lean posture, he thought... even her eyes lost the life in it, her smile gone very dry, and she forcing herself to talk, and not knowing what she is saying… oh Radhika, I expected this, mom was wishing to see you living as a princess here, when you yourself rejected that Kingdome... you are Radhika, just Radhika, Padma auntie’s daughter, who just know to live for her mom, and look at life from her angle only, for you everything begins with the word of your mom, and you end your thought with your mom, and that vaccum is inside you and I expected this, and I can see it, and here nani thinking marriage is the solution, a companion for you, but no RAdhika, that’s not what you need right now, that’s not”
“you still here, you need anything else babu?”…..asked Nakul
Jerking Dev said: “thanks, no I am fine”
Nakul: Ammaji is looking for you
“ji”
Dev walked towards the front hall. The sofa seat were occupied, and Dev stood on one corner
Nani: Rohan , this is Maheswari’s son. Um, what’s your name?
“Dev”
Nani: Ha Dev
Dev shook his hand with Rohan
Nani: actually Maheswari’s family moved from here and they are visiting here after a long time, and I am glad they came on this day only. Maheswari was there when that accident happened to Padma, I told you about it na.
Rohan’s dad: ha
Nani showed her hand to sekhar to serve juice to Dev, but he thankfully refused.
“why she is taking so much time, Meeraaa”
One another lady dressed in nice saree showed up : ha Ammaji
“check on Radhika, ask Mohini to bring her”
“Ha Ammaji” saying that Meera went in.
Soon Radhika came with changing her dress to a orange sarara. Dev just looked at her once, it clearly looks like it was too heavy for her body to carry, he felt sad, but kept quiet.
Nani introduced everyone to Radhika, and Radhika stood with a flat affect. Time was ticking by
Maheswari was feeling so suffocated around these people and seeing Radhika in that state, she looked at Dev, and signaled to go
He also agreed.
Maheswari got up from the sofa and said: Ammaji, we need to go, will come sometime later
Nani: ha ha, we will send the card, come for the marriage ok
Radhika heard Maheswari’s words of leaving.
Maheswari and Dev were leaving and automatically Radhika’s feet followed them to outside
Her payal was sounding loud behind that Maheswari slowed down.
Radhika walked near and Maheswari held her hand as she walked out.
Nearing the car, Dev paused, Maheswari scrolled her hand over Radhika’s hair and called : RAdhika
Radhika lifted her face up and tried to give a smile
Maheswari saw her dried eyes “ how are you beta? I thought I won’t be able to see you at all, and was praying hard to atleast to get a glimpse of yours, and I am glad at least you were able to make it up to come outside with us ’
Radhika brought a forceful smile
“we thought you will be joining back in college, and here”
Radhika tried to give a smile
“what is this Radhika, say something, or just cry out loud, this is more painful to see you just following on others words, your mom was not like that, you, just say something beta”
Radhika forced herself :“How is Pari?’
“she is doing good, worried about you, she is missing you a lot , so only we two came, college people also don’t have any info of yours, you know”
Dev was looking around the area, and was actively listening to Mahi’s talk.
‘so are you going to continue your studies”
Radhika looked at Mahi
“hu?, tell me.”
“for what auntie, I am fine, I don’t feel like ”
“what are you saying beta”
Radhika tried to give a smile and asked: how is our house? Is it still locked, mom may be feeling all alone there right? “
Mahi stood still with a cold face
But then bringing a smile, Radhika continued : how can she, papa is with her na, and I know whenever she talk about papa, she forgets everything and now being with him, how she will be remembering me right, so only she might be taking so long to come to get me”
“Radhika, please , don’t talk like that beta, then why this marriage and all, hu, tell me?’
“its Nani’s wish, but I won’t be here that long, mom will come’
“Radhikaaa, why you are leaving the hope beta, everything will be alright, and you need to continue your studies.”
“I know auntie, but for what? What do I do after studies, so only I did not give any pressure to Nani either, but why can’t mom come and take me with her?, mom only told me if we wish truly deep within our heart then the wish come true”
Maheswari looked at Dev, and said : are you listening what she is saying, can you just tell her something
Then Ammaji came out, seeing her they stopped talking.
Ammaji: MAheswari, one minute
Maheswari leaving RAdhika’s hand walked near to Ammaji
Radhika looking at Dev: so are you dropping Pari at college now
Dev standing straight: um
“then, still listening to music?’
“um”
‘good, I am happy to hear about it”
“so when are you joining back to college”
“first I thought I will, but then “
“what about this proposal, then?”
“That is Nani’s people , I don’t know. Then with a smile, ....you know what I don’t know anyone, not even nani, ”
“why you didn’t object when she said about it”
Coming near: what is there to object, its all changed na, see even my room has changed, everything changed, my bed changed, I am a total stranger here, now I don’t need to take any turns for cooking or cleaning, people are there to do everything, and I just lay in this bed as long as I wish, no one to wake me up or pour those water splashes, but then bringing a wide smile ‘you know what, mom used to do that, and she enjoyed doing it, sometimes I give back too, and then as if remembering : remember that day, you saw us coming down from terrace holding the bed, that day actually she pour one bucket full of water onto me, and see how nicely she was teasing me in front of you, and you remember when I got that rose plants, mom scolded me for that, simply, but she might have right ,now it all might have turned brown and dried , right. I told her I don’t want to buy a new scooter and she didn’t listen to me, and see now it may be laying there all dusty, mom used to tell me to make tea for you na, I wish I could, now here I didn’t even went to this kitchen once, otherwise I should have made one for you.
“that’s ok, you gave me the juice”. actively listening to her, he said in his lower voice
“oops sorry, I was really shocked to see you both, so kind of lost my balance and then Nani’s voice, everything kind of “
“um, now better eat something ok, don’t think too much about anything, for now just think that you are going to continue your studies ok, and if you need to prepare on anything , go ahead with it, I didn’t get much time otherwise I should have collected the notes and brought it with me, yesterday evening only we decided, so. But I brought you something, just a minute
He opened the back door and took something in his hand. Turning he extended that to Radhika
Radhika looked at him in question
Dev: now what, take it, I brought it for you only, and I didn’t put any wrap or anything, because I know then you won’t open it at all.
Radhika hesitated, but then Dev took the freedome to hold her hand and then placed it in her hand , she looked at it and it was a diary with a lock
“now, mom was telling me that you are living here like a princess, but I don’t think so, this is for that Radhika whom I met all the time, who loves to write her mind in paper, ok, maybe you won’t use it at all, but still keep it, and don’t forget what I said, think of your studies that is more important now, also try to munch on something, you yourself feeling a stranger here right, then don't give them work, don't make them to come behind you, take care of yourself ok”
Radhika just stood like a statue listening to him, and she pulled back her hand as quick as she can as Maheswari and Ammaji were coming near.
Dev looked at Maheswari and found her struggling to control her tears, her face looked all flushed.
Maheswari looked at Dev and said : Let’s go Dev
She tried to look at Radhika once and then suddenly slide into the front seat
Ammaji: Radhika come inside, guest are there na, come
Ammaji turned to walk away. Radhika went near Mahi one time, Mahi tired to give a goodbye smile and then looked at Dev, he was about to slide in, but then reminded her : remember what I said , ok, and ha this dress doesn’t suite you well at all. So change it as soon as possible ok.
Sliding to his seat, he looked at her one more time, and then slowly drove out from that large bungalow. He saw her image still standing there looking at them, he smiled as the ray of hope was sparked inside him…
************************
P.S: Dev knows Radhika's inner mind thru her dairy now, and he kind of observed all her bahaviours, he realized that Padma left a big vaccuum in Radhika's life. Padma was her mom, friend, and everything all this time.. so more than a lover in him, i believe she needs someone to guide her in tsrict direction just like Padma.. so at this moment that's what came out from him..
No comments:
Post a Comment