Monday, December 26, 2011

Silent Love Part : 3

Silent Love Part : 3
The time passed slowly. Radhika got very friendly with Pari, and they started going to college together in Radhika’s scooter.  The ladies spend their evening time talking about past and spending time in kitchen cooking together, and sharing the jokes around.
One such evening
 “so they will be here tomorrow?”
Maheswari turned her face towards Padma munching onto the chips: ha, finally, said one week before , now it took almost one month.
 “what’s the plan, then?’ Padma asked curiously
 “nothing, Dev as usual, first spend few days in village with  his dada and dadi. But Gopal is coming here straight as he is bringing more stuff to set the home,  it will be difficult to travel with all these lugguage".
 “that’s what auntie, I also asked mom, this is not even our house, and still she gave dad a big list you know, Bro was mad listening to it, but dad anything his wife say, will bring without asking “ Pari interfered
 “that is what is called love, what you think, you all will go one day leaving us alone, then” maheswari reasoned
 “all the time this is mom’s excuse, as if reminding dad that only she will be there to take care of him, it’s not like that ok, we are there too”
Radhika came nad sat near her mom, and rested her arms over her shoulder
 “Pari, look at Radhika, see how obediently she is sitting” Maheswari told pari
 “that’s what I also thought  too, when radhika leave what auntie will do?, how can she stay all alone?’
Maheswari gave a stern look and Pari bit her tongue for spilling it out without thinking
Seeing it, Padma: don’t worry Mahi, we  used to talk about it earlier, not we, me, but then Radhika gave me a strict order not to mention it at all, so, now a days we don’t even think about it. For now we like our company, no place for a third person yet, when it comes, we will face it together too, right Radhika?
She didn’t say anything, just wrapped her arms around her mom’s shoulder, while Padma rubbed over her daughter’s arms.
Time passed, and the darkness was covering the atmosphere
Radhika came to Padma’s room
 “what is it Radhika, need something?’
 “can I sleep here today with you”
 “Why?”
 “just like that?’
 Padma keeping a file inside the almara: um, I know all because of today’s talk, right
Radhika didn’t say anything and went and lay in bed, covering herself under the blanket
Padma just looked at her actions, and then coming near she said: what is it Radhika, you are strong , right?. You are thinking about me now being left alone, right? Don’t worry radhika. When the groom come to see you na, then I will demand, if you like my girl, then my demand is that you need to stay with us after marriage, how is it? Like it?
Radhika just pulled onto the blanky to cover her face further up
Padma laying next to her, tapping her  shoulder: no beta, what ever destiny bring, we need to accept it. Think  when I fell in love with your papa, I left my parents, they couldn’t accept our relationship, and I was so much in love that I was unable to see all the doors, its true love is blind. i left my home and we got married, and your papa was so lovely, he took care of me very well, never made me to feel any deficit at all, whatever we had in that initial time we learned to live with it, and then you born, and our love also grown with it, maybe seeing his love the God got jelous that He called him early.  But see he didn’t left me alone, he gave you to me , to love, and to share his love with you too. God has His plans, we just need to obey. and the other day when you said slove is silent, i coudn't agree, it was not for me beta.
Sitting straight in bed Padma continued: maybe it is silent for some, but for your papa and me, we loved for years and everyone was knowing about it, and we never hide it either. Am I regretting now for all that becasue my decision left me all alone now....., not at all, I am glad I said it loud, so only I was able to spend my time with him,  feeling his love, let that be very short, but that left it mark for my reason to live now, gives me strength to live every passing minute, just for you. I am happy, and don’t have any complaints. May be little bit selfish these days thinking your life, when i hear about marriages, and girls happily coming to give me weddign invitations...  you know
Radhika sitting straight: ok mom, now you stop all that and lay down, I need to go to college tomorrow
 “what college, tomorrow is Saturday.”
Radhika sat back: really!
Padma hiding her smile: ha
Radhika: then I have special class
Padma: what is this Radhika, you are not free any day
Radhika: you only made me to join all these , right , then?
Padma: ha but now you have company here na, then , tell the teacher that you are not coming from next weekend , ok
Radhika: mom, I signed up for it, and I need to complete it too, ok
Padma: oh ho, now she won’t listen to me either.
Radhika settling under the blanket: I know that, after seeing your friends' face you changed a lot mom
Padma: really, then don’t go tomorrow, didn’t you hear what Mahi said , they are coming and
Radhika: mom, it is pari’s dad who is coming, why should I stay back
 “oh then if it is pari’s brother, then will you stay back?
 “MOOOOM”
Padma: ok baba, I stop... ,                                                                                             shaking the blanket on her foot end straightening it Padma tried to cover herself mumbling: what is this girl, whenever I tried to say something she stop me right away, she can talk about love ,  she can write about love but not about her, maybe she already chose someone so only she is not letting me talk about anyone else, I am sure
 “MOOOOOM”
 “um”
The silence engulfed, but then  Radhika smiled feeling her mom’s taps on her shoulder

No comments:

Post a Comment