Silent Love Part : 23
Radhika was looking at the list that Santhi gave her, but her mind was not focusing on anything, she felt tired that she left the list on the side and arranged her bed, and curled up in.
Renuka came up knocking the door, the room door was open... so she slide in, and found Radhika under the cover
“Dev, I think she is tired after the travel, looks like resting, ..um.. ok… let me try’
She called : Radhika … getting near her
RAdhika moved the cover off and looked at her madam
“um, ya, she is not sleeping, one minute , ok” saying that Renuka gave the phone in Radhika’s hand… “Dev”
Radhika took the phone and said “ hello”
Renuka left the room saying “ I will come back and pick it , ok”
“so did you check the list, is everything there or what else you need”
“Dev, I was feeling so tired, I didn’t look at it”
“Radhika, you are ok na”
“um”
“so maybe take rest today, I will meet you tomorrow, ok”
“Dev”
“what?’
“why you didn’t call me?’
“I did Radhika, but you think I will be lucky all the time, um”
“didn’t you say that you are the professor”
“I tried that number and got an earful from your Nani”
He heard a giggle from the other side
“so you are laughing for it, um, I know”
“No Dev, I was thinking how seriously you were talking the other day, and I was imagining Nani’s face listening to you”
“Leave that Radhika, just tell me how you are feeling?”
“what you think?’
“”better, but”
“I will be fine Dev, I will take care of myself, but sometimes it is not in my hand, I get lost somewhere, don’t know how to come back then, …. Her voice was getting heavy… nobody is understanding my state Dev, I don't feel any meaning in anything, everything changed, my day, my night, my mind, its all empty now Dev, i don't feel anything there, sometimes i just want to cry loud but the voice never comes out and my eyes feel so dry, sometimes i want to laugh loud, but the echoing of my own sound scaring me, ...for last couple of months I was in a strange place, now I thought I am back into place that i know for years, but this atmosphere is new to me too, I am getting lost Dev, I cannot connect myself into my existence now .
….. At times I think these people are around me because of sympathy, then I feel like not to do anything, you know what, sometimes I feel like run away into a forest, and get disappear into that thickness , so that no one can find me, I thought of that when I was in Nani’s house, to ran away from there, but then you came with Mahi auntie, and now see , you brought me here too, why Dev, why you followed me Dev, you should have left me alone there ” her voice trailed off along with drops of tears
‘how can I Radhika, I told you about my promise, and now you are my friend, I love to see my friends winning, not failing back,…. and as a friend, I am not going to let you run away, you can , but few steps behind you will be able to hear my foot steps ,you won’t be alone Radhika, I will follow you even if that forest is thick and scary, I wish I could just take you with me, so that you can cry loud, I wish I could hold you tight when you feel scared, but i cannot be there near you Radhika, so only I want you to take care, i want you to fight back, trust me Radhika, you are not alone, your firend is with you, and your friend will never leave you alone, maybe i am not near you, but my mind is with you Radhika, whatever you feel inside, just tell me, I can take all that in, and let you feel free ”
A moment of silence passed
Dev ” ok now, let’s come to our plan. I will meet you tomorrow ok, there is few letters which needs your follow up, so I will bring everything and discuss on it too”
“Dev, what exactly you want from me, why you are making me to do all these?”
Dev took a deep sigh and he knew he need to change the subject too... or else she may cry again and hec annot comfort her from this distance.... “because time never waits for us Radhika, and we need to catch up before it flew away, and I let you rest today, but tomorrow get into action, look at the list and let me know what all you need, and no more resting for next few months till I get a good progress report from your in-charge”
“Dev, are you joking?”
“not at all, do I sound one, no Radhika, I am serious ok, I will be following up with each lectures, so now you are taking Master’s in English literature , right? Very good, but Radhika why literature?”
“ don’t you like it”
“no, its not like that, because now a days the generation is more tech savvy right, so I asked?’
“because I love it, secondly mom chose that as I was good at it and not many in that field now , so may be easy to get into a job in college”
“um, interesting, ok so you need the poetry book, and then the drama collections, and which is the other one?’
“how do you know all these!!!!”
“see this is not my field, but I am already into it, all I need is your little help, so look at the list and tell me ok, now there is no excuse”
“Dev’
“um”
Radhika sat in silence
“what , tell me” Dev repeated
“nothing”
“there is something, better get ready for tomorrow, wake up early ok, Santhi madam has some other work too, or else I will ask Renuka madam to pour that water on your face, and then you only get in trouble
“Dev”
“what?’
“nothing”
“um, go to bed, ok, did you eat anything?’
“no”
“then go down to mess hall and eat something first, or else you will be really tired”
“um”
Radhika”
“um, I heard it”
“um, good, see you tomorrow”
“um”
Radhika was looking at the list that Santhi gave her, but her mind was not focusing on anything, she felt tired that she left the list on the side and arranged her bed, and curled up in.
Renuka came up knocking the door, the room door was open... so she slide in, and found Radhika under the cover
“Dev, I think she is tired after the travel, looks like resting, ..um.. ok… let me try’
She called : Radhika … getting near her
RAdhika moved the cover off and looked at her madam
“um, ya, she is not sleeping, one minute , ok” saying that Renuka gave the phone in Radhika’s hand… “Dev”
Radhika took the phone and said “ hello”
Renuka left the room saying “ I will come back and pick it , ok”
“so did you check the list, is everything there or what else you need”
“Dev, I was feeling so tired, I didn’t look at it”
“Radhika, you are ok na”
“um”
“so maybe take rest today, I will meet you tomorrow, ok”
“Dev”
“what?’
“why you didn’t call me?’
“I did Radhika, but you think I will be lucky all the time, um”
“didn’t you say that you are the professor”
“I tried that number and got an earful from your Nani”
He heard a giggle from the other side
“so you are laughing for it, um, I know”
“No Dev, I was thinking how seriously you were talking the other day, and I was imagining Nani’s face listening to you”
“Leave that Radhika, just tell me how you are feeling?”
“what you think?’
“”better, but”
“I will be fine Dev, I will take care of myself, but sometimes it is not in my hand, I get lost somewhere, don’t know how to come back then, …. Her voice was getting heavy… nobody is understanding my state Dev, I don't feel any meaning in anything, everything changed, my day, my night, my mind, its all empty now Dev, i don't feel anything there, sometimes i just want to cry loud but the voice never comes out and my eyes feel so dry, sometimes i want to laugh loud, but the echoing of my own sound scaring me, ...for last couple of months I was in a strange place, now I thought I am back into place that i know for years, but this atmosphere is new to me too, I am getting lost Dev, I cannot connect myself into my existence now .
….. At times I think these people are around me because of sympathy, then I feel like not to do anything, you know what, sometimes I feel like run away into a forest, and get disappear into that thickness , so that no one can find me, I thought of that when I was in Nani’s house, to ran away from there, but then you came with Mahi auntie, and now see , you brought me here too, why Dev, why you followed me Dev, you should have left me alone there ” her voice trailed off along with drops of tears
‘how can I Radhika, I told you about my promise, and now you are my friend, I love to see my friends winning, not failing back,…. and as a friend, I am not going to let you run away, you can , but few steps behind you will be able to hear my foot steps ,you won’t be alone Radhika, I will follow you even if that forest is thick and scary, I wish I could just take you with me, so that you can cry loud, I wish I could hold you tight when you feel scared, but i cannot be there near you Radhika, so only I want you to take care, i want you to fight back, trust me Radhika, you are not alone, your firend is with you, and your friend will never leave you alone, maybe i am not near you, but my mind is with you Radhika, whatever you feel inside, just tell me, I can take all that in, and let you feel free ”
A moment of silence passed
Dev ” ok now, let’s come to our plan. I will meet you tomorrow ok, there is few letters which needs your follow up, so I will bring everything and discuss on it too”
“Dev, what exactly you want from me, why you are making me to do all these?”
Dev took a deep sigh and he knew he need to change the subject too... or else she may cry again and hec annot comfort her from this distance.... “because time never waits for us Radhika, and we need to catch up before it flew away, and I let you rest today, but tomorrow get into action, look at the list and let me know what all you need, and no more resting for next few months till I get a good progress report from your in-charge”
“Dev, are you joking?”
“not at all, do I sound one, no Radhika, I am serious ok, I will be following up with each lectures, so now you are taking Master’s in English literature , right? Very good, but Radhika why literature?”
“ don’t you like it”
“no, its not like that, because now a days the generation is more tech savvy right, so I asked?’
“because I love it, secondly mom chose that as I was good at it and not many in that field now , so may be easy to get into a job in college”
“um, interesting, ok so you need the poetry book, and then the drama collections, and which is the other one?’
“how do you know all these!!!!”
“see this is not my field, but I am already into it, all I need is your little help, so look at the list and tell me ok, now there is no excuse”
“Dev’
“um”
Radhika sat in silence
“what , tell me” Dev repeated
“nothing”
“there is something, better get ready for tomorrow, wake up early ok, Santhi madam has some other work too, or else I will ask Renuka madam to pour that water on your face, and then you only get in trouble
“Dev”
“what?’
“nothing”
“um, go to bed, ok, did you eat anything?’
“no”
“then go down to mess hall and eat something first, or else you will be really tired”
“um”
Radhika”
“um, I heard it”
“um, good, see you tomorrow”
“um”
No comments:
Post a Comment