Monday, December 26, 2011

Silent Love Part : 18

Silent Love Part : 18
Resting her head back Maheswari closed her eyes and Dev looked at her once and noted the trailing of tears, looking straight onto the road , Dev:
 “mom,  what is this, you only told me to expect all that, and take it as it is, and now you are crying”
Maheswari wiping her tears: what else Dev, you don’t know what all Ammaji told me?
“Whatever mom, we were able to meet Radhika, right? and also got time to chat with her too”
Mahi again wiping her tears “ first I thought  Ammaji has changed, when she acted so light with us,  I know it is because of the guest around, but how can she?’
 “mom, just tell me what she said “
Maheswari with a very disturbed tone: she told today she behaved as there  is guest around and she doesn’t want to make any scene in front of Radhika.  She said next time she won’t be keeping calm, and strictly saying not to step inside their compound”
 “didn’t you say anything back?’
 “ha , I tried , I said Radhika knows us and she  may feel better seeing us, and”
Then?
 “for that she telling that Radhika is forgetting everything now and she says when she see us , it may remind her past “
Dev with a small smile : true na
 “But Dev?’ you heard what Radhika was telling , right? Why Ammaji is not seeing it?"
 “mom, she said all that because you are her number one enemy , snatching her daughter away, and now  back of her grand daughter, that also with your handsome son”
Maheswari looked at Dev with widening eyes
Dev looked at her once and said with a smile: what?  Whom you think looks handsome , me or that Rohan, Hu?  atleast in your eyes it is me only na.
Maheswari sat quiet listening to her son’s talk
 “its ur Dev only na, hu”, tell me mom"
 “Dev!”
 “”um,  mom, just think of that situation, ammaji  was preparing everything, and then her mom’s friend, who she think is responsible for her fate coming with her son,  and  the girl interacting with them, and what might be going inside Ammaji’s mind mom. Her inner mind maybe shouting “Maheswari get out from here , right now”
Maheswari looking straight:  its not a joke Dev
But then after a moment of silence, Maheswari: so what you think now, I thought you might be worried, and may shout at everyone, but your reaction surprised me
Dev in a soft voice: ha, mom, I should have, but did you see Radhika’s face, her eyes, she lost everything mom, Nani is thinking she is getting everything possible to make this girl comfortable, but that’s not what she needs now mom.
 “I thought the same, but they are planning for her marriage, right?’
 “I don’t know mom, but I think she is going to come back soon, I talked to her about it too, to continue her studies, u know”
 “but how beta, they are….’
 “I know mom, let ammaji go with her plan, and see where it all will end”
 “but Dev, then how she will continue her studies, ammaji already said No, and Radhika agreed, and u heard what she was telling, right”
 “mom, did you notice Radhika’s face when she saw us, she got very surprised but at the very moment a smile appeared on her face too, a sudden spark, so we need to convince Ammaji that she needs to continue her study, that’s more important than anything at this time, that will make her engaged and divert her attention little bit”
 “but Dev, how can we convince her, she almost said to keep away from her compound”
Changing the gear Dev  mom, that you leave to me, then regarding the combound, ammaji’s property ends near that gate mom, after that its all public property, how can she come and restrict us from standing there”
 “Dev, you are driving me crazy”
 “no mom, I am just telling you, you don’t worry about what ammaji said now, or planning to do , leave all that to me, if you want to see Radhika, she will come there next time, ok, for now you just pray for her good health, didn’t you notice how thin she became, almost a malnourished look, on the top that dress, have you ever seen her wearing such heavy stuff, along with  all that make up and all, they changed her a lot, but only her appearance”
Dev’s irritated voice trailed off, as he tried to turn the steering
Maheswari looked at her son ; Dev, can I ask you something?
 “ha mom, why this formality?’
 “do you love Radhika?’
Dev looked at Meheswari and  gave a simple smile and said : she is my Padma auntie’s daughter mom, I cannot leave her on the half way, that will be my failure and aunties dreams will die too, I cannot let that happen,  now more than a life partner she needs a friend, and I want to be that friend mom’
Mahi in soft voice: I am not understanding anything what you are saying, the way you get impatient to know about Radhika, I thought you love her,  even dad thinks so too; that’s why dad told to take the car instead of bike” suddenly she bite on her tongue
But it did reach his ears: what?
“nothing”
 “no what did you say now”
 “Oh nothing”
Maheswari closed her eyes and rested back , thinking of Radhika’s image.. ..and later that night they reached back home
Maheswari was explaining every bit of it to Pari and Gopal, while Dev went to his room.
He just fall back into his bed, looking up the ceiling, he was seeing her image, her eyes, her prominent cheek bones, color bones, pale face, it is painful Radhika to see you like this, if Rohan is after money then i don't know, but if he is good person surely he  will take a good step for you. His presence is not bothering me at all, but you Radhika, you need to come out from this shock, you need to feel my presence in your life too, once your eyes told me that you loved me Radhika, how you forgot  all that so easily, how come you are only thinking about your mom, I was there too Radhika in your life, maybe for short time, still I was there,  how can you walk away that far from me, whereas my heart is just beating for you.  You need to look further down in your mind Radhika, you will surely see me, I am there Radhika,
 Today when I felt your hand in mine ,  It felt so cold, but soft. You are right now the servants are around you and you just need to ly in that bed as long as you wish, but I want to see you getting up from there and starting your day, but whatever I need to act fast as there is no time to waste, its already late, and if I leave it for the destiny, I will lose you.  The distance already took you away from me so far, ....  but today I am sure, you will think  about me, at least when you see that diary, you will hold it in tour hand,  will you write anything in it, I don’t know, but somewhere the presence will remind you of me, Radhika. I need to bring back those moments we loved to share those glances, where your eyes gazed down unable to meet mine….
“Bro, come down, dad and mom are waiting, quick”
The knock at the door and her voice broke his thoughts and he got up and went to open it…..
****
Radhika was wearing a nice night gown, so loosened around her body, but she didn’t mind about her look at all.
She went near the cupboard and opened it, and took the photo frame, and looked at it, her papa and mom were smiling wide in it, looking at her, she smiled too , and then said “ you know what mom, someone came to see me today, one Mr. Rohan, that also from America, he said he wants tot talk to me,  you don’t know what all he asked me, about my hobbies, about my career, I gave some answers, don’t know what I said, why all these drama Mom, Nani was so tensed and was putting all the make up and those heavy dresses, and that jewelers, Oh Mom, you only told me  na that I look beautiful without any make up, but still you put that on me when I need to perform on the stage, see today Mohini deedi used foreign make up on me, and you know what Dev said , with a smile she said, he asked me why I put all that on my face, and Mohini deedi and Nani and all were praising me seeing my dress and he said it doesn’t suit me at all, and told me to change it as soon as possible.  He said the truth mom, just like you, because when he left I came and checked myself in the mirror,  I was seeing a different person in that mirror, this is not me mom, you took your Radhika also with you, but nobody is recognizing it....  see now also look at my dress, how weird, but do I have a choice, or else, what the difference , right? Dev doesn’t know anything, he still same Mom, today also he asked me whether I missed him?  He always play like that when he sees me, remember one time Mahi auntie did scold him in front of me, only but still he asks me that, for that moment i thought i am standing in our house mom..  a tear drop filled in her eyes.. but then regaining her trail of thoughts...
But there is change in him too mom, may be work tension, his face looking so tight, the minute he saw me, you should have seen his shocked face, why mom, did I scare him, um? I told Mahi auntie and Dev that you will come to take me, when are you going to come mom, come soon ok.
“Radhika, drink this glass of milk, ok?
Saying that Nani came and kept a glass near the night table
Radhika kept the photo in cupboard and looked at her nani
Nani: have it
Radhika: I will take later
Nani ,as she was trying to walk out: Radhika, they said they will think about it and let us know, also I heard he cannot take you right away, so asked me to think of continuing your course
Radhika stood silently listening
Nani: I told them that all these  belong to you only, there is no need for continuing this education and all, but when they said that rohan cannot take you right away after marriage, I got confused, I mean I thought after marriage you get some company, and new place and people.. what you think Radhika, what should I tell them?
Radhika with a smile: I don’t know Nani, you can decide
 “but did you like him?’
Radhika looked at Nani : I don’t know,
Nani: what you don’t know! he came to see you only
Radhika: I met him because they were your guest, but otherwise I won’t be here for long Nani
Nani with a surprise voice: where are you going?
Radhika with a smile: my mom will come, and I will go with her
Nani stood speechless for a second and then: your mom is gone already then what are yu saying?
 “in your eyes she might have gone, but for me  she is there around”
I know this talk is after seeing that Maheswari only , right?, let her come again, I won’t let her meet you again” saying more to it she walked away.
Radhika smiled seeing Nani’s response, and she went near to the bed as she was feeling very tired, she looked at the milk  glass, and felt kind of nauseated.  She turned the light off , and cued under the cover…
***8
Radhika felt some better that she slowly opened her eyes , she tried to get up , but her hands were feeling hurt, she tried to look at it and found the tubing attached to her skin by a needle end.
A nurse walk by and noticed, and then “so you woke up, one minute, let me call the doctor, ok”
Radhika didn’t understand anything, she looked around, and it looked like a hospital room.
Doctor came and checked her eyes,  pulse, and then listened to her heart beat.
 “continue the fluids”
And then looking at Radhika: how are you feeling now?
 “what happened? Where am i?
Doctor: actually you didn’t wake up in the morning, and  ammaji brought you to the hospital, you are not eating or drinking properly, right?”
 “I am fine, I want to go home”
 “not now Radhika, first you feel better than we will send you, ok”
Nani walked in with a concerned face: Radhika you really scared me, you said that yesterday and today
Radhika with a smile: you should have let me lay there only, why you brought me here
Nani: Radhika, listen to me ok, you need to stop saying such things.
Radhika tried to get up , but her weaker body fell back onto the bed
 “see now you cannot even take care of yourself, and what you are saying?’
Radhika looked at her : that’s because you  hooked me to all these, or else I am fine
 “ok,  then” Nani  to the doctor: unhook all these and see what she can do, she was not even able to open her eyes today morning and she is saying she can do everything by herself, let me see
Radhika ly back in bed, and then looked at the doctor
 “Radhika, you are not in a stage to get up on your feet, your body is so weak, you need help, the nurse can help you out , ok, for now listen to us”
Saying that he stroked over her head and walked out and Nani just followed her.
RAdhika looked at the nurse, and she slowly helped Radhika to get up and walk into the washroom, Radhika felt so embarrassed for being depend on  other person. She herself felt that tiredness that she slowly walked back to the room, but then loseing her balance she fell on the fllor,  the  nurse came  running ..." i told you to call me" the nurse's sound pierced her ears... but then with  the help of few other hands, she was laid back onto to the bed. Radhika mourned in pain for once, and hten closed her eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment